[Framers] FrameMaker 2015

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 08:15:21 PDT 2020

Started with, I think, Frame 5.5.2, so I'm a relative newbie compared to
you hoary folks. Before that I was using WordPerfect (a program I still
have a strong love for).

And I'm sorry to report that FM's spell checker, at least as of FM2019, no
longer suggests FrameMaker for Interleaf. Interleaf is still marked as a
possible misspelling, but the new top suggestion is "Inter-leaf". Internet,
Interlinear, and Interfile are also suggested.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 11:09 AM Paul Wilbraham <Paul.Wilbraham at m-ais.com>
wrote:

> Echo that.
>

> Paul Wilbraham
> Senior Consultant & Trainer
> M-AIS
> T: 0131 226 5893
> M: 07928 797 281
>

> On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 15:12, Craig Ede <craigede at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I had a Windows copy of Frame 3 tossed to me by my company's Tech Pubs
> > manager back in 1991 or 1992. "They say this is better than PageMaker.
> > Check it out!" I was immediately sold on it and I didn't even work for
> his
> > department. They shifted over after they saw what I was doing with it.
> >
> > My personal purchased Windows from 1992 was for Windows and on disks.
> >
> > The suggestion to change Interleaf to FrameMaker is still operative when
> > running spellcheck in FM10, which is the version I happen to have on this
> > machine. It's probably still in there today. Why fix what ain't broken.
> >
> > Craig
> > ________________________________
> > Sed Zaeem Hosain said..
> >
> > For me, it was 1988 (FM version 3, I think?) on a Sun 3/50 (the one where
> > the B/W monitor was physically attached to the top of the computer
> chassis
> > pizza box).
> >
> > Peter, the first Windows version was FM 4, I think ... I beta tested it
> > for Frame Technology then. Came on floppy disks (I think I still have
> them
> > around here somewhere)!
> >
> > Side-bar for those who remember the competition: when you ran spell-check
> > in FM 3, it would correct the word "Interleaf" to "FrameMaker". :)

Lin Sims