[Framers] Grammar question

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Tue Apr 21 08:48:30 PDT 2020

That all depends on your "style protocol", and also the region in which
you are located.

Some companies insist that abbreviations follow sound rules, where if
the first letter sound is vowel, then 'an' is used.  But then they use
it inconsistently.

For example: I would say "a LWT production". But I have seen an
end-credit on a TV programme as "an LWT production".
Would do say: "a STV employee"? ; or "an STV employee"?
or how about: "a NUJ member"? ; or "an NUJ member"?

I go by the theory that if the unabbreviated version doesn't require
'an', then the abbreviation should not.
But your mileage may vary.

// Simon BUCH