[Framers] Char out of range: 13

Blackmon, Ramona Ramona.Blackmon at fluke.com
Thu Aug 13 15:46:19 PDT 2020

I get a Char out of range: 13 error message when saving a FM 2017 .mif file as a FM 2017 .fm file in several languages. The error doesn't appear to make a difference in the FM file, but when I print to PDF, the character(s) that are out of range appear as rectangle boxes. I used to fix this by converting the font to Arial Unicode MS. With the latest Windows 10 upgrade, Arial Unicode MS is no longer an option. I tried switching to Aktiv Grotesk as suggested on the forum, but that doesn't work for some of the characters in Czech or Polish (there may be characters in other languages as well, but those are the two problematic ones right now). Does anyone have any idea what I can try? Thanks in advance.

Ramona