[Framers] Using vector images in Frame

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Mon Dec 14 16:14:08 PST 2020

PNG is a raster format. It can't contain vector image data. (Adobe
Fireworks used the PNG extension but included a lot of incompatible
stuff.)

Most vector file formats can also contain bitmaps. It used to be
common that users didn't understand why EPS images looked terrible in
FrameMaker, where they were looking at a low-res bitmap preview, and
fine when printed.