[Framers] FM2019 Volume and Chapter Numbering

ideaslists at ideastraining.com ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Tue Jan 7 14:55:44 PST 2020

I did mention that my numbering was for books (meaning Frame books), since
that is where chapnum works.
Naturally, I would approach an all-chapters in one document differently than
a multi-chapter/document job, but I reserve the all-in-one doc files for
smaller documents.

As they say, to each his/her/their own.

David Creamer

In a previous job the figure numbers and table numbers were a combination of
the chapter number and a running number in this file:
Figure x-x
Table x-x

This works only, when the figure and table format use the same series as
heading1.
This is an argument for a single all-in-one numbering scheme.
I do not use the chapnum placeholder, as I want to be free to have several
chapters in a single file.