[Framers] In FM 2019, the "Update Book" function "dies" in the middle of a long book

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu Jan 9 08:49:34 PST 2020

At 03:17 AM 1/9/2020, Barry.Meislin at nuvoton.com wrote:
>I have a particularly long book (about 30 files, 1200 pages total,
>non-structured FM) that "dies" in the middle (towards the first
>third, actually) of the update (book generation).

Hi Barry,

You didn't say specifically what happens when the book "dies" during
the update process. Does Frame crash? Or does nothing happen at all?
Any error message?

Many years ago, my Frame 12 would mysteriously crash during book
generation and by laboriously doing what Lin suggested, I narrowed it
down to a page containing a Comment marker that had a hard return in
it. When I deleted the hard return, Frame was happy again. It
happened frequently thereafter in other books, and every single time
it was a doggone hard return in a Comment marker.

Carol