[Framers] FrameMaker 2020

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Wed Jan 15 15:29:16 PST 2020

New versions of FrameMaker always seem to concentrate on adding features
for the structured community. I get it. That's the strenght of the
program. But the new features I'd like to see involve handling of
graphics and type. For example, it would be nice to be able to make a
graphic float in the middle of a two-column page, and have both columns
wrap around it. Or how about taking advantage of the various OpenType
features that InDesign can handle with ease, but Frame is clueless
about-- like easy, true small caps, or oldstyle numerals? Or optical
margins and hanging indents, for a more modern, refined look in printed
docs? Or a separate offset setting for numerators and denominators?
Right now, you can set superscript and subscript offsets to work for
either super/subscripts or numerators/denominators, but not both.

Mike