[Framers] FrameMaker 2020

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 07:34:33 PST 2020

What I'd like to see in a new version of FM is a non-modal information
dialog that displays all of the characteristics of the currently selected
frame.

Currently I have to use separate information windows for anchor frames and
object properties, for example.  They are non-modal, so that's good, but I
don't have the convenience of looking at the same location to view the data
I'm interested in, since they are separate dialogs.

What's worse is that both text frames and graphic frames use modal
windows.  I have to jump through some hoops to view their data, and because
they are modal, I can't use ANY other part of Framemaker unless I close
their Properties dialogs first.

I'm using FM 2017 BTW.

Computers are supposed to make our jobs easier.  A single non-modal
information dialog is one way to do so.

--Doug