[Framers] MiniToc Disappers from HTML5 Help in Frame 2015

ideaslists at ideastraining.com ideaslists at ideastraining.com
Wed Mar 18 13:19:58 PDT 2020

Fred did a great job of explaining why the ampersand (and some other
characters) can create problems.

On a side note, a few years back, I had a client's files that I was creating
an EPUB from and it would error out after a while. Drove me crazy for a
while until I realized that they used periods in their file names. For
example: "Chap1 File Name.new.fm".

Renamed all the files in the book and it went to EPUB without issue.

Moral of the story--keep the file names simple. You don't to go back to the
8.3 DOS days, but don't go crazy with punctuation. I pretty much stay with
underscores and sometimes hyphens.

Dave Creamer
IDEAS Training