[Framers] Best way to import/add select paragraph formats?

Jason Nichols jason at mkjn.org
Wed Mar 25 14:44:39 PDT 2020

Hello,

More and more, the tech writing team I'm on needs to important just
specific Character Formats and Paragraph Formats into a file or set of
files.

Searching through the archives, I found the method below suggested by
Fred Ritter.
<https://www.mail-archive.com/framers@lists.frameusers.com/msg55885.html>
Is this still the best way to accomplish this goal, or does anyone know
of a better method or tool that's been discovered or developed in the
meantime?

Many thanks in advance!

Fred Ridder's technique:

1) Copy any paragraph of the desired format from the source file.
2) Paste it into the target file.
3) Use the Paragraph Designer to add the paragraph format to the current
file's catalog.
4) Delete the pasted paragraph.

Stay well,

--