[Framers] Problem with Creating Tables with different TableTitles in FM via MIF file.

Orly Zimmerman orlyzim at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 11:36:56 PDT 2020

 HI Rick,
Yes, that is the code used, or some variation of it. It works if the file is its own file (i.e. not split).
If the file is split into the MIF template being called from the MIF with the text flow and Tbls then the table title is on its own (i.e. in FM I see "Table 1: " with no name for the table) - where/how does it get populated?

Here is a copy of the beginning of the Tbls code: ( I can supply the code, but it's too long for here).

<Tbls
 <Tbl
 <TblID 11>
#orly Adding next line with Table Format-this is not needed if I don't need the TableTitle populated. It pulls the format from the template MIF. If I copy the table, it even numbers them correctly, but I can't figure how to get text into them. The string below with the example Register Name doesn't show in FM.
 <TblFormat #normally for what I'm doing this line is not needed - up to end of TblFormat
 <TblTag `Register'>

#Adding Table Title
<TblTitle
<TblTitleContent
<Para
<PgfTag `TableRegTitle'> # Forces lookup in Paragraph Catalog.
<PgfNumString `Table 1:\t'> #even without this line, the table shows up in FM with "Table 1: " as its title
<ParaLine
<String `Example Register1 Name (Ex_Reg1_SN)'>
> # end of ParaLine
> # end of Para
> # end of TblTitleContent
> # end of TblTitle
> #end of TblFormat

<TblH #this is the Header Row
<Row
<Cell
<CellContent
<Para
<PgfTag `chr_CellHeadingReg'>
<ParaLine
<String `Bits'>

> # end of Para
> # end of CellContent
> # end of Cell

#... it goes on to end the rows and cells properly. As well as end the Tbls.