[Framers] Hallucinating Re: Script/ to sort files in a FrameMaker book file?

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Fri May 22 00:31:16 PDT 2020

You are not hallucinating Craig, I have observed this behaviour many
times before.

If you're using Windows Explorer to add files in to a FrameMaker book:
a. select the View > Details menu item in Windows Explorer, and click
the "Name" column header to sort by the file names
b. use a mouse to click and select files
c. hover over the first file in the selection, then click and drag this
range of files in to the FrameMaker book

If you're using the FrameMaker Insert > Files... menu item / "Add files
to book" dialog:
i. select the range of files
ii. click the "Name" column header to sort by the file names in REVERSE
sort order
iii. click Add button

NOTE: If you use FrameMaker Structured books, I have observed some
occasions where dragging files to sort the order of the files in the
book will cause the Structure View window to get the files in the
structure branch completely inverted.  When this happens, additional
book operations can cause FrameMaker to crash.