[Framers] Typical image border issue in HTML5

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 06:32:48 PDT 2020

I'm running FrameMaker 2017 on Windows 10 Pro.

When publishing to Resp. HTML5, the borders that I've assigned to the
anchored frames don't show up unless I also put a graphic object into the
AF also, such as a line.  I place it behind the image so it won't be seen.
(I mainly use JPG and PNG images.)

If the image is larger in size than the AF, this tends to make one or more
of the sides of the border not display.  Usually it's the bottom border
line, below the image, that goes missing.

I usually fix this by using Photoshop to crop out the unneeded section of
the image, to make it the same size as or smaller than the AF.

Today I noticed that I can make the missing border line display merely by
adjusting the height of the AF, without needing to crop the image at all.
One particular image displayed the missing border line if the AF height was
either 120, 123, 126, or 129.  It's likely that it would have worked at
other sizes incremented by 3, but that's all I tested.

I have no idea why this works as it does.  Just one of Frame's many HTML5
idiosyncrasies, perhaps?