[Framers] Table numbering issue

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:25:13 PDT 2020

Two questions:

1. Why are you bothering to have numbering on the table anchor tag? Just
put it in the Table Title tag: T: Table <n+>.
2. Did you check to see if the document numbering for paragraphs in Chapter
Five is "Restart Paragraph Numbering" or "Continue Numbering from Previous
Paragraph in Book"?
The first will have the table numbering continue, and the second restarts
it from 1, which sounds like what you're looking at.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 1:14 PM Doug <dbailey4117 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My Book has 8 chapters, with tables in chapters 5, 6, and 7 (which are
> separate FM documents).  My numbering uses the following setup, and it
> works great.
>
> Paragraph Format          Format
> Table Anchor                  T:<n+>:
> Table Caption                 T:Table <n>:
>
> However, if I add tables to any of the chapters 1-4, none of the table
> numbers increment.  The table in chapter 5 still stays Table 1, and
> none of my test tables in chapters 1-4 increment their table numbers
> to account for the tables in the previous chapters.
>
> It's almost as if none of the first four FM documents share variable
> data with the other FM documents, whereas FM documents 5-7 do share
> variable data.
>
> Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Hopefully there's something I'm
> doing wrong that is obvious to someone...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Doug

Lin Sims