[Framers] Basic question: hyperlinks to paragraphs

Bertrand Meyer Bertrand.Meyer at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 27 02:56:08 PDT 2020

Dear Steve and Lin,

Thanks for the comments. A cross-references forces me to use a
cross-reference format for the link, e.g. "section 4.5". I cannot use a
reference format, I want to use an arbitrary text for the linking text, as
in "this is explained in the discussion of cat problems", where the
underlined text (I hope the mailing list mailer keeps the underline) is my
own text but a link to some chosen place.

Hyperlinks to this but force me in each case to add two commands, a gotolink
at the source and a newlink at the target, which is horrendously tedious if
one has thousands such cases. The newlink is not conceptually necessary
since all the targets are paragraphs so I should be able simply to choose
from a paragraph list as with cross-references.

With best regards,

-- Bertrand Meyer