[Framers] Spellcheck fun ... was RE: Weird spacing in PDF output

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Sun Sep 13 18:47:02 PDT 2020

Peter Gold said:

> AHA! It's a secret plot of some kind. I remember there was a time long ago, when FM's auto-correct would replace "InterLeaf" or some other proprietary competitor, with "FrameMaker."

Yeah. :)

Back in 1988 when I began using FrameMaker for our engineering team documents, our Marketing folks used Interleaf. On Sun 3/50 workstations hooked into larger Sun servers for compute functions.

They kept trying to get us to use Interleaf, and just could _not_ understand why we did not want software on our systems that "took over" the entire display and would not allow other window programs to be run ... we used Sunview (I think that was the name) at the time.

That spell check change was fun!