[Framers] Weird spacing in PDF output

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Sep 14 16:10:32 PDT 2020

Okay ... after experimentation to see what I am experiencing.

I recreated the large PDF original with 750 pages from the source files ("combined" other PDF files in Acrobat Pro). It is 53 Mbytes in size.

This _original_ file is fine within Acrobat Pro and FlexiPDF - no error messages and they display fine too.

However, when I save this original PDF as a new PDF file with the "Reduce PDF size" option selected, the result is screwed up - even though it does get reduced to 34 Mbytes in size!

The pages with Source Sans Pro text then get the message I mentioned below when I read it back into Acrobat Pro! With FlexiPDF, the output has overlapping text on those pages - messed up display of the page.

As far as I am concerned, this clearly appears to be a bug in Acrobat Pro (the latest version) that *creates* this problem.

Also means that I have to stop using the "Reduce PDF size" option - particularly if I use Source Sans Pro, I guess! And live with the larger file size.

I would love for somebody to duplicate my results ... argh!