[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Thu Aug 5 15:32:44 PDT 2021

I have an equation-laden document that I am writing. The equations are being
created in a Word doc (.docx) using Word's native equation editor. The .docx
file is then saved as an .htm/.html file and all the equations in the
document are automatically saved as .pngs in a separate folder named as
image.(n), where n is the image number.  I double-click an equation in this
folder to automatically open the equation in my image editor (SnagIT - I
don't need anything as heavy as Photoshop as I am not doing any
modifications to the equations) and save the equation without any changes to
it whatsoever with a new name. I then import the image into Framemaker by
reference.   I don't mess w/ the dpi of the image when I select it for
import - any image in the folder that was created during the saving of the
Word file shows a dpi of 96 in the Imported Graphic Scaling dialog box when
I select it for import and although this seems nutty to me (because none of
the images are over-sized). . . they look clear and crisp in the source FM
file (The Advanced Properties of any image in SnagIT is also showing a
resolution of 96 dpi);  however, upon generation of the PDF, it goes to h*ll
in a handbasket. The equation looks almost as if the font is almost bold and
therefore much darker than the text in the FM source file, and it's not
nearly as crisp and clear as in the source FM document - it actually looks
blurry/pixelated.

Initially, the font that was  being used in the equations is Cambria Math,
Size 14 with a default color of black without any lightening of the color.
(The font that is being used in the book is also set to a default color of
black without any lightening of the color.) I tried lightening the font
color by different percentages in the Word document and then regenerated the
equations as graphics, and that helps a bit, but overall, these graphics are
just not nearly as crisp as they need to be in the final PDF.  Any other
graphics that were taken as a capture and then imported by reference as  PNG
are as crisp as I am used to in FM.

I am just at a loss for how to get this cleared up, but it's absolutely
mandatory that I get this problem resolved because the whole focus of the
book is the equations.

Any thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Principal/Owner

Spectrum Writing, LLC

www.spectrumwritingllc.com <http://www.spectrumwritingllc.com>

303-840-1755

  _____

<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 	Scanned by McAfee
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient>  and confirmed virus-free.