[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Thu Aug 5 19:25:12 PDT 2021

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 7:30 PM tammyvb spectrumwritingllc.com <
tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com> wrote:

> Hi Lise,
>
> I won’t bore you with all the details, but unfortunately, a screen grab
> direct from the Word doc is not an option.
>
> Thanks for replying. . . Believe me, it just helps to know that someone is
> trying for me😊
>
> Sent from my iPhone. Pardon the typos.
>
> > On Aug 5, 2021, at 5:42 PM, Lise Bible <rentagoodbook at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Tammy, that sounds hair-tearingly-out frustrating!

Obviously, anyone who could coin and use a term like"hair-tearingly-out
frustrating" can imagine creative ways to solve problems that may not have
solutions.  ;) Thanks for the attempt, Lise!

I remember my small company's CEO commenting after a few of us brought him
a messy problem to sort out, "Hmmm... Too many handoffs! See if fixing that
solves it." So, I’m looking at the transformations from Word's equation
editor to HTML to PNG to PDF via FM, and wondering if somewhere along the
line there are opportunities to control the fonts. Seems like opportunities
for rounding errors to affect line widths of recalculated fonts. Perhaps
specifying a different original font size, weight, or foundry, or a
different HTML conversion tool or method might make a difference.

HTH