[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Fri Aug 6 07:23:54 PDT 2021

I am not the one responsible for creating and maintaining the equations.
They are maintained by a SME on the client side and the SME needs them in a
tool that he can use which is Word. Tammy Van Boening Tammy dot vanboening
at spectrumwritingllc dot com www.spectrumwritingllc.com -----Original
Message----- From: Framers On Behalf Of Lin Sims Sent: Friday, August 6,
2021 6:06 AM To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
Subject: Re: [Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF Probably
a stupid question, but is there a reason you're creating the equations in
Word rather than in Frame's Equation Editor? On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 6:32 PM
wrote: > I have an equation-laden document that I am writing. The equations
are > being created in a Word doc (.docx) using Word's native equation >
editor. The .docx file is then saved as an .htm/.html file and all the >
equations in the document are automatically saved as .pngs in a > separate
folder named as image.(n), where n is the image number. I > double-click an
equation in this folder to automatically open the > equation in my image
editor (SnagIT - I don't need anything as heavy > as Photoshop as I am not
doing any modifications to the equations) and > save the equation without
any changes to it whatsoever with a new > name. I then import the image into
Framemaker by > reference. I don't mess w/ the dpi of the image when I
select it for > import - any image in the folder that was created during the
saving of > the Word file shows a dpi of 96 in the Imported Graphic Scaling
dialog > box when I select it for import and although this seems nutty to me
> (because none of the images are over-sized). . . they look clear and >
crisp in the source FM file (The Advanced Properties of any image in >
SnagIT is also showing a resolution of 96 dpi); however, upon > generation
of the PDF, it goes to h*ll in a handbasket. The equation > looks almost as
if the font is almost bold and therefore much darker > than the text in the
FM source file, and it's not nearly as crisp and > clear as in the source FM
document - it actually looks > blurry/pixelated. > > > > Initially, the font
that was being used in the equations is Cambria > Math, Size 14 with a
default color of black without any lightening of the color. > (The font that
is being used in the book is also set to a default > color of black without
any lightening of the color.) I tried > lightening the font color by
different percentages in the Word > document and then regenerated the
equations as graphics, and that > helps a bit, but overall, these graphics
are just not nearly as crisp > as they need to be in the final PDF. Any
other graphics that were > taken as a capture and then imported by reference
as PNG are as crisp > as I am used to in FM. > > > > > > I am just at a loss
for how to get this cleared up, but it's > absolutely mandatory that I get
this problem resolved because the > whole focus of the book is the
equations. > > > > Any thoughts are sincerely appreciated. > > > > TVB > > >
> www.spectrumwritingllc.com > > 303-840-1755 > > > > > _____ > > > < >
https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign= >
sig-e > >
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_camp >
aign=s > ig-email&utm_content=emailclient > > > Scanned by McAfee > < >
https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign= >
sig-e > >
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_camp >
aign=s > ig-email&utm_content=emailclient >
=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&ut >
m_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>> > and confirmed virus-free. >