[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Fri Aug 6 09:19:31 PDT 2021

Thank you! I will see what this leads to. It is much appreciated. TVB Tammy
Van Boening Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
www.spectrumwritingllc.com -----Original Message----- From: Framers On
Behalf Of Lin Sims Sent: Friday, August 6, 2021 9:26 AM To: An email list
for people using Adobe FrameMaker software. Subject: Re: [Framers]
Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF Well, that sucks. If it's any
help, when Word converts to RTF, the equations are turned into PNGs. It
should be possible to save them out separately. I think. Never had to do
something like that with Word. Also, you can export images only from the PDF
file to PNG, JPEG, JPEG2000, and TIFF formats. Again, don't know if that'll
be useful, but I offer it as something to consider. On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at
11:10 AM wrote: > Hi Lin, Thank you for the approach. The extra rub is that
I need to > produce another document that uses the exact same equations but
w/out > all the text of this current guide - basically, just an appendix of
> equations, so I need to be able to share them among multiple files. I >
was trying to write once in Word and save to PNG so that I could > obviously
import by reference into multiple documents and have just > one location
(the Word document) where I would maintain updates. > Compliments of Ric, I
have a variation of this w/ saving the Word doc > to a PDF, cropping the
document to get the equation that I need as a > PDF and importing as a PDF.
Yes, very tedious, but at least I can > share among multiple files and as w/
your approach, I now have vector > files for the images, not rasterized
files, so they remain crisp and > clear no matter the zoom level in the PDF.
(So you and Ric were on the > same page- great minds do think alike!) I just
wish there was a way to > automate this, but for now, I will plow through
unless someone comes > up w/ a different approach. Thank you again! TVB
Tammy Van Boening > Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com >
www.spectrumwritingllc.com > -- Lin Sims