[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Aug 6 12:35:20 PDT 2021

I have been reading this thread with some interest, but remain confused about one thing.

As I understand (perhaps incorrectly?), since the equation "source" that is brought into FrameMaker is a PNG image (right?), _all_ knowledge of fonts, text, equation info, etc. is really not in there.

I.e., PNG's are just loss-less bit-maps without any such context details!

So, if viewing it as an image within FrameMaker looks good, then there is _probably_ some issue with the FM conversion/printing/process of going from PNG --> PDF that needs to be figured out?

I would also look at the "staying at 96 dpi" for the PNG input - this is typical for web displays and the like (although somewhat low for today's high-res monitors).

Perhaps, using a higher DPI original (without simply interpolating from a 96 dpi original) may fix the crispness and detail issues noted?

Meaning that I think that looking at the Word originals is not vital per se, I would think ... other than perhaps checking for a setting that selects higher DPI values for PNG creation from the equations.

This is a complete SWAG, of course!