[Framers] FM 10 on a new computer.

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Tue Aug 10 17:46:55 PDT 2021

AFAIK, the MIF Filter converter for InDesign, from dtptools.com, is the
only non-Adobe/non-FM tool that can read MIF into another proprietary
application's format. Some FM features are translated better than others.

You can subscribe to InDesign month-by-month whenever you need to use it.

Folks have used Adobe's MIF Reference Guide to create data-publishing
applications. However, FM is required to convert native FM files to MIF and
other non-FM formats. Earlier FM releases present the message
"skipping...," when they ignore later FM features they don't recognize when
opening later-version MIF files.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021, 6:24 PM D B <dbailey4117 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if Affinity Publisher can open/save FM or MIF files?

I like the idea of a one-time purchase, quite a bit actually.

Who doesn't?

If you're looking for the most flexibility, consider the least-lossy
document formats that are recognized by the most applications. RTF is one.

I think I'll
> give it a try.

Let us know how it goes!