[Framers] Importing InDesign IDML into two tools. Was RE: FM 10 on a new computer.

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Aug 18 18:02:11 PDT 2021

An update.

I attempted to import an InDesign IDML file into these two tools: Magix Designer Pro X and Affinity Publisher, to continue to edit this file like I need to do.

In comparing the results, what surprised me a lot, was that *both* of them had the same errors in most cases (text wrapped where it should not have, etc.)

Maybe they both use the same library (some external one perhaps?) or the same API (perhaps from Adobe?) to do the import?

I am going to ask my son (he has the InDesign license and expertise - and generated the IDML for me on his system) to read the IDML back into InDesign and see what it looks like.

If the *same* result as these two tools, it probably reflects some issue with the original export from InDesign ... that is a BIG perhaps, of course!