[Framers] Quality of vector graphics created in FrameMaker is bad in CMYK PDF output

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Sat Aug 21 12:36:11 PDT 2021

It has been a long time, so I'm not positive that I'm remembering this
correctly, but I recall that issue having something to do with either
using EMF or WMF files-- that it was a limitation of the file type. I
also seem to remember some issues related to CMYK where, if graphics
were not EPS files, they would be channeled through Windows GDI and come
out as RGB (and maybe processed into EMF or WMF along the way?) Anyway,
the solution for me, at the time, was merely to always use EPS graphics
in my documents, if I ever wanted correct CMYK output. Again, it has
been a while since I worked with FM (FM 10). So forgive me if I'm not
remembering this quite right. And I realize that FM support for CMYK may
have changed since then.

Mike Wickham