[Framers] Table and Figure Numbering

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Thu Aug 26 15:03:31 PDT 2021

You're absolutely correct! Except that tables and figures aren't numbered!
The paragraphs that are used by tables as their titles, have numbering
properties. Figures have no numbering properties, but the paragraphs in
which figure frames are anchored do have those properties.

So, for all Vulcans, and others who share Spock-ian mindsets, as I do, it
makes perfect logical sense: If you view a FM document's text flow as a
family tree, a genome, a stream of paragraphs whose formats have many
properties that are shared among the relatives and descendents, that
comprise the document's behaviors, it makes sense.

Until I started responding to your raising the issue this way, I never paid
attention to why FM made sense to me over all these years. Thanks for the
inspiration for me to clarify explicitly what I've just been doing
intuitively for so long. Really! Of course, now, if I stay consciously
aware of all this, it could be paralyzing when I try to write, like looking
down while on a tightrope. ;)