[Framers] Adobe Acrobat Pro XI Distiller issue

Reng Winfried w.reng at carecom-solutions.com
Fri Dec 10 00:38:26 PST 2021

Hi Tammy,

I do not know, why you cannot create the PDF.
Often on the last distilled page (or the previous or following page) there is a problem like a graphics file.
Can you check this?
Can you distill to a PDF, when you hide all graphics (View | Options)?

You can create a PDF with Distiller with a specific joboptions file.
I do this all the time.
In the Publish pod select PDF and then click on the icon to the right of your settings file. Click Edit.
FrameMaker opens the Publish Settings of your settings file.
In the General tab you can select a Preset (which is the joboptions file).
At the bottom of this window select "Use Acrobat Distiller ...".
Then FrameMaker will create an internal PostScript file and distill to this to a PDF
in the same folder as the book file or the FM file.

FrameMaker will use this settings for all PDFs, not only for that of the current FM file or book.

Best regards

Winfried