[Framers] Compare Documents

cuc tu cuc2u at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:27:39 PST 2021

Hi All,

I am trying to compare long structured XML documents for added content. The content is just like a dictionary, except the words are programming phrases (commands) built from keywords separated by characters such as colons, brackets, and braces. The generator of this content has an issue with sorting characters and sometimes swaps some of the commands. The compare utility does not identify that the command element's content is the same and instead generates mostly strikeout content, and codes any content that matches the swapped command's content as added content, and then this is repeated for the following command element. It gets more convoluted if small groups of commands are swapped.

Since the only thing I am looking for is newly inserted, higher level command elements, is there a way to filter just that?

Thanks All
C2