[Framers] Adobe Flash Player EOL - How can I still embed video in FM documents saved as PDFs?

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 08:01:03 PST 2021

Adobe Captivate? If you get the Technical Communications Suite, it's part
of it. Or you can buy a separate subscription. I don't know if the current
version will work with FM 12, though. That's 4 versions back and there is
no legal way to purchase anything other than the current version.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 9:54 AM Tom Beiswenger <
tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com> wrote:

> I guess I knew this was coming, but when Adobe killed Flash, no
> alternative was offered. This potentially means that all of the digital
> editions of our manuals that include video tutorials no longer work. Is
> there another solution for embedding video in FrameMaker. For reference,
> I'm using FM12 running on Windows 10.
>

> Tom Beiswenger
> Project Manager, Manager IB Technical Documentation
> [cid:726007024546]
> Emhart Glass Inc.
> 74 Kahler Road North * Horseheads NY 14845 * USA
> Telephone 1 607 735 2551 * Mobile +1 607 769 4779
> Fax +1 607 735 2601
> tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com<mailto:tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com>
> www.bucheremhartglass.com<http://www.bucheremhartglass.com>
> www.bucherindustries.com<http://www.bucherindustries.com>