[Framers] Wanted: generated file case study

rick at rickquatro.com rick at rickquatro.com
Sat Jul 17 16:54:07 PDT 2021

Hello Framers,

While FrameMaker generated files are useful, there are limitations to what
you can produce with the built-in features. For example, you can't pick up
variables and data from master pages. And you can't present information in
non-document order or in tables. I have solved these problems for clients
using simple ExtendScript scripts and some structured FrameMaker features,
even in unstructured books.

I am looking to putting together a case study and a webinar to demonstrate
some examples of complex generated files. I need a good document set and an
example of what you would like to present as a generated file from the data.
The document set needs to be something that I can show to others. In
exchange for a good document set and permission to use it in a case study, I
will give you the scripts to produce the generated file for free. Thank you
very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.