[Framers] OT: VR of movement through a text

jackdeland at comcast.net jackdeland at comcast.net
Sat Jun 19 09:55:11 PDT 2021

Framers, I am de-cloaking after many years to ask for your help in a bit of
a long shot. I am calling myself a literary critic now, but what I am is a
literary detective investigating the hoax works of Edgar Allan Poe. If you
have an interest, please have a look at my prototype:
http://jackdeland.com/content/a-introduction/get-it.htm?tocpath=About%20this
%20Site%7C_____0. The section on Hans Phaall has the most content; please
try the Sources section. This include every work and personage cited by Poe
in Phaall, and they are many. FYI, although working in Flare, I am using
Adobe fonts (transat for body text), which are far crisper and more elegant
than Google's. Poe would have appreciated using the HTML special characters
for the yin/yang symbol and pen nib "signature" at page bottom.

I need to locate a developer who can translate my idea of a 3-dimensional
cube filled with twinkling or pulsing lights to represent the movement of
certain textual clues through a literary text (think 1985 Tron imagery). Poe
is actually demonstrating the art of bending fiction upon itself in the
hoaxes, then bursting into real life. The action all takes place in the
reader's head of course, but I need an experiential "explanation." Do you
know of anyone, possibly through an Adobe connection, doing this sort of
work? There is no way I would be able to learn how to do this myself.
Perhaps you have heard of similar art projects? There is much book art out
there, even a pop-up Moby-Dick. I am far from publishing, but now is the
time to start this phase.

Note that to correspond, you need only click or tap the envelope icon at
page top of the prototype. Any and all comments welcome.

TIA!

Jack DeLand

INDEPENDENT SCHOLAR

MICHIGAN