[Framers] activation dialog for old Adobe software

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 13 14:18:58 PST 2021

Good point, Robert! We may need a bill of rights regarding software that mandates things like this. Support is one thing, but access to the software once you paid for it should be mandatory (even through reinstalls on new machines when the old one cracks).

Back in the early 90’s Photoshop was constantly probing our company network to make sure that such-and-such a license was not being used more than once. If they can do that, they can figure out when your license is not running anywhere and give you an installation package that will give you back your software in a usable state. After all, their installation package is the gold standard for what constitutes an installation.

Craig Ede

From: Framers <framers-bounces+craigede=hotmail.com at lists.frameusers.com> on behalf of Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>

That doesn't mean they can disable software I paid for.