[Framers] FrameMaker 2020 vs 2019

techwordsmith at gmail.com techwordsmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:27:53 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I was using FM 2019 sporadically. I received files back from a translator in
a version of FM I could not open. Notpad showed it was FM 16, which I found
was 2020.

I was never notified by Adobe about the new version, any upgrade, etc.,
despite being subscribed. That was a bit annoying.

Anyway, after a lengthy but successful support call, I was shown a secret
URL where I could get this new version of FrameMaker, downloaded it, and
installed it.

The icon looks the same as FM 2019. The new version self-identifies as
version 16, not 2020. I don't see any obvious changes off the bat. Anyone
have any idea what the new changes to FM 2020 are, other than 2019 cannot
open 2020 files?

Cheers,

Sean