[Framers] Importing table formats into chapters in a book

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Sep 13 15:26:18 PDT 2021

In Chapter 1 in my book, I have established the 8 different table formats
that I need to properly document all the content in the book. I have every
paragraph tag set up that I need, every graphic on my reference page, every
table format defined by name, etc. and I have confirmed ad nauseum that when
I click on a location on a page where I want a table to be inserted, and
then click Table > Insert Table and then select the Table Format that I want
and click Insert, I get the expected table in Chapter 1.

So, I  then did the following: selected all the chapters in the book that
which I want to import the tables (I did not select Chapter 1), and then
using Rick's awesome Import Formats Special tool, I select Paragraph
Formats, Reference Pages, and Table Formats and click Import, and select
Chapter 1 as the Import From File option but.. . . no matter how many times
I do this, I cannot get my table formats to be imported properly. In a
chapter into which I have supposedly imported these table formats, I click
Table > Insert Table and then select the Table Format that I want insert and
all I get is Frame's generic table (a Format A or Format B) no matter what
table format I have selected. I have confirmed that the necessary paragraph
tags and reference pages have been imported into all the chapters, and the
yes, the table names are showing up in the Insert Table dialog box, but for
the life of me, I can't get them to be inserted as expected.

I give. . . . I have way too many chapters to manually set up these 8
different formats individually (and yea, I know how to do that, but it
shouldn't be necessary). . . what am I doing wrong? What step am I missing?

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com

www.spectrumwritingllc.com

  _____

<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 	Scanned by McAfee
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient>  and confirmed virus-free.