[Framers] XML Application "x" does not exist

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Tue Aug 2 17:23:30 PDT 2022

C2,

    I suspect there is a simple problem but from your notes I don't know
what it is. Are you available for a quick on-line meeting? Or can you
email me your structapps.fm, all files it references, and the two files
you are processing (the EDD and the XML file you open).

On 8/2/2022 2:56 PM, cuc tu wrote:
> At the moment, I cannot understand how FM is aware of my EDD file. When I update the EDD file, I import its element defs into my template file, then I attempt to save my EDD as a DTD, which gives the error. If I change the EDD's StructuredApplication value to another application in my structapps (i.e., eclipse), then it saves the DTD. After that, I change the EDD app declaration back to XSLT-Sample. Then I save all files and restart FM.

Do I understand that:

1) Structapps.fm defines two applications: XSLT-Sample and eclipse.

2) Your EDD has a StructuredApplication element. When you type
"XSLT-Sample" in the StructuredApplication element and try to save the
EDD as a DTD, FM reports that XSLT-Sample is not defined. However, when
you type "eclipse" in the StructuredApplication element, FM creates a DTD.

Importing element definitions into the template does not affect saving
the EDD as a DTD.

The first thing I would check is that "XSLT-Sample" is spelled
identically in the EDD and in structapps.fm. The workaround of changing
the application name in the EDD should not be needed. Make sure
uppercase and lowercase is the same in both places, the same kind of
hyphen character is used in both places, and that spacing around the
hyphen is the same.

> When I open an XML file that is declaring the XSLT DTD, I get a dialog that lists only the XSLT-Sample and eclipse apps - the one I'm trying to build and the one I used temporarily in my EDD.
Sounds like FM is asking you to pick from one of the defined
applications. That prompt lists all the applications it knows about,
whether or not they are used in the EDD it is processing.
>   Since the DTD doesn't have any information about eclipse, I'm not sure if there is some data/association stored deeply in FM. The XML opens according to the app I select. I can set the current structured application to XSLT-Sample. I cannot edit global application definition due to permission issue.
You should not have to edit the global application definitions.

> Does it matter that XSLT-Sample specifies the same doctype as eclipse?

That is not a problem.

     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price