[Framers] elusive transparent background

Reng Winfried w.reng at carecom-solutions.com
Sun Jan 30 23:06:30 PST 2022

Hi,

It's a few years ago that I had needed images with transparent background.

As far as I remember:
Use EPS format. Clipping path with background colour is transparent.
Import this into a FM file.
Select the file and in the Graphics toolbar remove the colour (Fill is None).
(The display in the FM file does not show the transparency. Only the PDF.)
Create your PDF. Possibly you have to use the Distiller.

Bernd Meissner described this in this short PDF:
http://www.meissner-dokuteam.de/Files/Frame/Transparency2_p250.pdf

In the Adobe forum Arnis Gubins wrote a very detailed description.
I think that you need only the EPS part.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/fm-transparency-rev1-pdf/m-p/4791795#M31011

Best regards

Winfried