[Framers] FrameMaker to Robohelp Integration

John Posada jposada99 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:56:22 PST 2022

Thanks, Robert. At this gig, RH is an established priority tool, Their
content authoring starts in Word.

Should this go through, after I've proven my worth, my intent is to try to
switch them to FM as they need printed documentation/PDFs in addition to
online help.

I've done Online Helps using FM/WebWorks ePublisher Pro and I agree it is a
better solution. However, it might be too much of a lift to revamp the
WHOLE process than to upgrade in stages.

Proposing RH/FM as an integrated authoring environment might be attractive.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 3:27 PM Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>
wrote:

> FrameMaker's multichannel publishing is a subset of RoboHelp features.
> If that subset meets your needs, you don't need RoboHelp.
>
> I don't think the integration options have changed since I was using
> them at my last job. Adobe documents importing FrameMaker into
> RoboHelp, but I don't see that they have ever documented what seemed
> to me the best practice, which is keeping the source in FrameMaker and
> linking it to RoboHelp. I created sample projects and some
> documentation:
>
> http://lauriston.com/fm10_link_to_rh9.zip
>
> At my last job we switched from RoboHelp to WebWorks ePublisher Pro,
> which I thought was a far superior tool for generating online help and
> web pages from FrameMaker source.
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 12:35 PM John Posada <jposada99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What is the current state of the integration between Robohelp and
> FrameMaker?

John Posada