[Framers] Another Simple Structured App

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Wed Mar 23 10:59:43 PDT 2022

C2,

    Just to add a few details to the other responses, XSLT is a
programming language for transforming an XML document into another XML
document, HTML, or any text format. For example, XSLT can insert,
delete, or rearrange content, change attribute values to element content
or the reverse, and add, delete, or modify content or attribute values .
The processing you need is all typical of XSLT transformations. As Rick
has explained, when you open an XML document in FrameMaker, you can
optionally use XSLT to transform the input XML into another XML
document. FrameMaker then creates a structured document from this second
XML document.

   Robert also makes a valid point. How will your command dictionary be
delivered? If the eventual goal is to produce HTML, you have the option
of using XSLT to create HTML and skip FrameMaker formatting.

     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.