Adobe Layoffs

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 08:24:05 PST 2005

At 3:57 pm +0000 15/12/05, Paul Findon wrote:

>Adobe vice president for Europe, Pierre Van Beneden, has said: "Other workers in Europe, for example, some in the UK, may be offered jobs in Nordic regions or Eastern Europe..."

Yeah, or Siberia... Heh. You're nice and settled in the UK with house, mortgage, family, kids, and they offer you a job in Lithuania. I don't think so.

> I guess they can always get jobs working on Microsoft's Acrylic or Apple's Aperture.

Maybe if there's enough of them, they can form a start-up and create a replacement for FrameMaker ;-)

Ok, inappropriate humor: I feel for them too. Been there, done that, didn't even get a lousy T-shirt.
--
Steve