Adobe Layoffs

Glenn Voyles Glenn.Voyles at mitchell.com
Thu Dec 15 08:54:04 PST 2005

I was at an STC meeting last night and sat at a table with a Macromedia
survivor. I don't recall the numbers (as I'm really a writer ;-).
However, this story just goes to show how important your personal
network is. As the layoffs were being dolled out, there was a lot of
local IM chatter among former colleagues at other companies. There were
several who had already been offered new positions within the day, many
had to wait the weekend.

Also, the survivor sited personal career development as a key factor in
her being kept on, and she guessed correctly on a few a projects that
she thought would be key business assets.

So, think, be smart, be nice, stay in touch = best chance of staying on.

Glenn