Finding Conditional NON-text

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Dec 20 07:30:25 PST 2005

Lin,

You wrote:

>... I know how to locate text that has certain conditions applied to it, but
>what about doing a search for table cells or anchored frames that have a
>condition applied? Does the text inside the table cell(s) have to be
>conditional, or is there another way to do this?

To be located by the Find function, the text inside the table cell has to
be conditional (in addition to having the row as conditional, assuming you
need the entire row to show or hide).

If you produce interactive PDFs: I recommend marking the text inside the
table cell as conditional as a way to thwart another "annoyance"
(applicable to all versions of FrameMaker) -- cross-references and
hypertext markers that you have in otherwise-hidden conditional rows are
carried over as links to PDF, often in all kinds of irrelevant locations.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars