Rename PDF, xrefs stop working (more)

Ada Lai adalai2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 12:11:33 PST 2005

As a matter of fact, I also **just** encountered this on my current project
using FM 7.0! I had done a "Save as PDF" on a small/mid-sized book (just
generating a draft for review), naming the PDF (in the Save As dialog) with
a different name than the book file. In addition to screwing up the
cross-references, it also completely dropped the first 4 chapters of my book
from the PDF - really bizarre.

Sure enough, the problem disappeared when I wrote the book to a .ps file
using the Adobe PDF driver and then distilled the .ps file to PDF. I could
then rename the PDF as desired. (Eventually, I just renamed the book which
was the plan anyway.)

Ada Lai
Lai Associates, Inc.
Tel.: 650-873-8885