fmPython

James Ramsay JRamsay at webMethods.com
Sun Apr 2 13:06:41 PDT 2006

Has anyone installed fmPython
(http://www.isnet.sk/petrucha/?lang=en&page=fmPython) successfully? I want
to use the script that converts all text insets to text prior to distilling
a book to PDF, but I can't get fmPython to initialize. I get the following
message:

Cannot initialize API client c:\program
files\adobe\framemaker6.0\fminit\plugins\fmPython22.dll.
Check for errors in the APIClients section of C:\Program
Files\Adobe\Framemaker6.0\C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker6.0\maker.ini,
verify that the client program exists, and make sure you have enough swap
space to run the client.

There are no instructions for adding a line to the APIClient section of the
maker.ini file in the bare bones fmPython documentation. I tried making one
up, but it had no effect. Any ideas?

I'm running Windows XP, Frame 6.0 with FrameScript 2.1 and IXGen 5.5 already
installed, Python 2.4.3, and the fmPython22.dll in the default
fminit\Plugins folder.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jim

Jim Ramsay