fmPython

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Mon Apr 3 11:03:35 PDT 2006

Notes:
* As far as I can tell from Googling, the most recent supported of FM is
*6*.
* With most open-source/freeware, be sure you have the exact
prerequisites. The open-source community is not particularly
  concerned with "legacy" customers. The community generally assumes
that it can change functionality, signatures,
  and so forth. Customers then either upgrade on their own or stay with
an older version.
* On the whole, this is a Good Idea. It prevents bloat, allows for
evolving design, and produces more robust, more
  frequent fixes. Open-source SW usually allows for multiple versions of
the same SW, but check first.
* Remember that open-source is a mostly UN*X creature. What may be very
easy to do in that environment may be much
  harder to do in Windows, and vice versa.

If anyone has heard of a version of fmPython compatible with 7.1/7.2,
please write me ASAP. I know Python pretty well, and I could provide
some value to FM 7.x users.

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.