Adobe FrameMaker 7.2p158 update: Polnisch, Tschechisch, Slowakisch!!

Michael Müller-Hillebrand info at cap-studio.de
Tue Apr 11 08:50:43 PDT 2006

On 11.04.2006 08:40, Gagne, Bernard (Bolton) schrieb/wrote:

> Does anyone here know what Adobe means by "Code point correction"? We
> localize our manuals into several Eastern European languages (Czech, Polish,
> Lithuanian, Hungarian), as well as Russian and Greek. Does this mean that
> previously problematic character mappings have been fixed?

Yes.

In case your current translation workflow uses standard "fontname CE"
virtual fonts you can now do without them.

But be aware: If your current workaround involved putting your CE fonts
into the NonTextFamilies= line in the maker.ini, you cannot simply
switch back, because the representation of the characters in the
documents is completely different. Also, if you (or your localization
service provider) used some modified FrameMaker.exe, you may have to
look closely at the details.

- Michael