renaming a variable

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Fri Apr 14 08:04:32 PDT 2006

Is there a way (other than FrameScript and similar tools) to rename a variable throughout a book?

I want to rename the user variable BoldProduct to B-BoldProduct so I can get to it quickly from Ctrl-0.

It looks like once the variable is in use (hundreds of places throughout a doc set), the only way to change it is one at a time, in which case the change would use up more time than I would ever save by implementing it!

I appreciate any clues.

John Sgammato
Principal Technical Writer
Imprivata, Inc.