Index Formatting Question

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Tue Apr 25 13:42:29 PDT 2006

I have a three-column index with three entry levels. (I cannot use only
two levels - I have gone over this with an indexing guru - sigh!) Anyway,
The first level is not indented, the second level is only slightly
indented beneath the first and the third level is slightly indented
beneath the second - pretty standard stuff. Based on the indentations,
however, sometimes, a page number for the second level and third levels
breaks across a line:

Level 1   1-1
         Level 2    2-
         1
                Level 3   3-
                1

Ok, my editor does not like this and I really don't either, but short of
manually adjusting this everytime I generate an Index, is there a
plug-in/what else can I do to make this happen automatically (something
like TOCBreaker is ringing a bell, but. . .) and unfortunately, the option
to change the template is not one - it's an in-house/approved template and
I just can't go willy-nilly changing it.

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer