Missing Zapf Dingbats - can't reformat?

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Wed Apr 26 04:41:57 PDT 2006

Hi Rosemary,

Go to File > Preferences > General and uncheck Remember Missing Font Names.
Now when FrameMaker makes the font substitution in the document, it will be
permanent.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hello,

Does anyone know how to override missing fonts?

Here is my issue: When opening a file, FM gives me the missing font/will be
reformatted message. I click OK. The document is automatically reformatted.

I save and close. When I open the doc again, I get the missing font message.
The formats were not saved afterall.

If anyone knows why this is, and how I can work around it, I'd appreciate
your help.

Also, has anyone out there had to buy Adobe Type in order to use fonts FM
defaults to?

Thanks!