Defaults on importing graphics

Kevin Hunter kevinh at excelsystems.com
Thu Apr 27 12:38:43 PDT 2006

 Hi all,

I've been lurking on the digest version for a couple of months now, and have
really appreciated everyone's contributions.

Now I have a couple of questions relating to default settings on importing
files. I mainly work on user's guides with walk-through type instructions
with many screen shots of our software. To pull in my images I use Esc +
fif, and pick an image file and select a custom dpi; is there a way to set a
default for that? In my version it comes up with 96dpi, but I need to vary
that depending on the typical window sizes of each of the software packages
I work on. Currently I have to re-enter it by hand.

The next step is that I then have to adjust the size and alignment of the
resulting anchored frame; it's initially centered, and I need it to be left
aligned. The image inside the frame is initially against the left of the
frame, I need it 2cm from the left margin of the frame, and I'd also like to
make the inserted frame a constant width, rather than a function of the
particular image size.

If anyone has any suggestions on these, I'd love to hear them.

Kevin Hunter
BCD