Variable length rule below paragraph

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Thu Apr 27 14:56:57 PDT 2006

This may be too obvious, and not customizable, but the use of a Numeric
Underline does basically what you're asking for (as long as the line
doesn't wrap).

In addition to the table method described, I've also seen this done
using an anchored frame (At Insertion Point) at the end of the paragraph
after a soft-return (Shift+Enter) .. put your rule inside the anchored
frame and make it wider than you'll need, the anchored frame will hide
the extra. Although this is still a hack, it's very easy to stretch it
to fit the width of the text and you can copy and paste the return+frame
wherever you want.

...scott